July 14, 2020
Contact: Connie Conway
The summer of 2020 sure looks different to kids just trying to have fun during the COVID 19 pandemic. But, the Southampton Town Parks and Recreation Department has designed a summer program to help keep kids engaged and safe while following safety guidelines during the Pandemic.
Two playground program sessions will be offered to children who are Southampton Town residents and attended elementary school (2-6 grades) this past school year. Each playground program will be staffed by counselors who will organize sports, arts & crafts, active & quiet games & special event days. Please provide your child with a beverage and a snack each day.
Each child may register for ONE or BOTH “SUMMER FUN” sessions. Registrations will be accepted, in person at the Parks & Recreation Office in Hampton Bays. Please review rules, and print and complete waiver form, which can be found on the Town’s website, to bring to registration. There will be NO registration at the camps.
Location: Red Creek Park Ages 7 -12 (Must be 7 by 12/31/20)
Fee $50 (Res ONLY)
Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 12:00PM from: 7/27 - 8/7
AND/OR from: 8/10 - 8/21
This modified version of our Summer Fun Playground Program this year, will limit capacity and incorporate new operating procedures. The camp will follow safety guidelines for children in accordance with the CDC and New York State. Those guidelines include:
- Camp will only be held at Red Creek Park in Hampton Bays.
- Children must reside or attend school in Southampton Town
- Each session will be capped at 50 campers.
- Campers will be provided with a box of supplies for their personal use at camp. Equipment will be issued and sanitized by staff only. Please DO NOT bring personal items to the program as the Town of Southampton recreation staff cannot be held responsible or assume liability for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Social distancing rules will be in place, please wear a face covering and follow all signs and instruction of staff. Registrations will continue to be accepted until all spots are filled, additional names will then be collected to form a waiting list.
- Please bring the following: Proof of age (Birth certificate, passport) Proof of Residency, with Southampton Town address; No PO Boxes, other requirements can be found on the Town’s website www.southamptontownny.gov