- Meets on Grievance Day, which is held on the third Tuesday in May.
- Periodically meets June -September to resolve all grievance complaints that were filed during the grievance period.
- Final Assessment Roll - Deadline September
- Southampton Town - Board of Assessment Review
Attn: David Reilly
116 Hampton Road
Southampton, NY 11968
Contact the board at 631-283-6020 for more information.
Members of the Board of Assessment Review serve a five-year term.
Each members must receive training from the Office of Real Property Services before serving on the board.
- David Reilly, Chairperson
Term expires September 2025 - Coordinated by the Town Assessor
- Daniel Flynn
Term expires September
- Kevin Gilvary
Term expires September 2027
- Allen Piliero
Term expires September 2024
- John Watson
Term expires September 2026
- Ronald J. White
Term expires September 2023
Purpose of Board
The legal authority of the Assessment Board of Review is found in Article 5 Title 1-A of the Assessment Real Property Tax Law. The Board of Assessment Review is charged with reviewing and adjudicating all complaints received on real property assessment. It is the function of the board to make an independent judgment on the evidence presented and rule on the validity of the assessment in question.