Licenses & Permits

Bingo & Games of Chance License

Organizations must submit proof of registration (in the form of State ID #) with the New York Racing and Wagering Board. The premises where games will be conducted must also be licensed. The town bingo inspector examines the events weekly.

Dog Licenses

All dogs over four months of age must be licensed. Dogs should be vaccinated against rabies before applying for license which expires one year from date of issuance. State law requires immediate renewal forms be mailed to dog owners. Visit New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets for more information.

Disabled Parking Permits

To obtain a Disabled Parking Permit, the individual must live in the township and provide a written note/application from their doctor on letterhead indicating whether Permanent or Temporary, along with their driver’s license.

Long-Term Parking Permits

The Town Clerk’s Office provides long-term parking permits, valid per calendar year, for the following 2-locations:

Driver's license, vehicle registration and proof of residency are required.

The current permit fees are:

  • Bridgehampton Parking District (BPD) Resident Permit $75.00
  • Southampton Town Resident (outside of BPD) Permit $125.00
  • Non- Resident Permit $300.00

View the Long-Term Parking Permit Application (PDF).


Both applicants must appear in person. Applicants must bring two forms of identification:

  • A current driver's license or passport; and
  • A certified birth certificate or baptismal certificate

Those under 18 years of age must be accompanied by parents. Visit the New York State Health Department for more information.

Shellfish (Resident & Temporary) Permits

as of March 1, 2011, the issuance / sale of non-commercial shell fishing permits is being administered by the Office of the Trustees, 631-287-5717.

NYS DEC Sporting Licenses: Hunting and Fishing

HuntFishNY Mobile AppHuntingFishing Icon

In compliance with Environmental Conservation Law §11-0713,  the Town Clerk is an official NYS DEC License Issuing Agent for the following licenses: 

Annual Hunting License (valid September 1 – August 31)

Deer Management Permits (available August 1 - October 1)

Long Island Public Hunting Areas  

Freshwater Fishing Licenses (valid one full-year from date of purchase)

Recreational Marine Fishing Registry (valid one full-year from date of purchase)

Options for obtaining a Sporting License:

In person at a License Issuing Agent Location.  Search for a nearby vendor location at:


By Phone: 1-866-933-2257 

Taxicabs and Vehicles for Hire & Peddlers License

Access Taxicabs and Vehicles for Hire & peddler license forms and applications.