- Town Clerk
IMPORTANT Information to prepare for your visit
In an effort to maintain the health and safety of visitors/employees as well as to expedite your visit, the following guidelines below will help you prepare for your visit to the Town Clerk’s office:
- Southampton Office: Open Monday - Friday in-person, on a first-come, first-serve basis between 8:30am - 4:00pm. Doors to Town Hall close at 4:00pm so you must enter the building prior to closing to access the office.
- Hampton Bays Annex: Open Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am – 4:00pm.
NOTE: While we have reopened in person, Online/Email or mail business interaction remains available for your convenience. Please direct questions to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, address and phone # in your email in the event we need to reach you.
Applications and additional information are available on the Town Clerk’s webpage at http://www.southamptontownny.gov/183/Applications-Forms All applications must be completed prior to visit, our office will not be making copies of applications or other paperwork so please make sure if you want copies of anything submitted to make them prior to your visit.
Applicants should visit our webpage to review the required original documents needed to apply to prepare for your visit at this link: http://southamptontownny.gov/261/Marriages and please note that both applicants must fill out an application prior to visit. Once marriage applicants have their documents in order they may visit the Town Clerk’s Office on a first-come, first-serve basis between 8:15am - 3:30pm. Reminder: Marriage licenses are valid for 60-days and require a 24-hr waiting period prior to use.
- Forms of payment remain cash or check.
- Masks are required if not vaccinated.
- Notarizing of documents will be limited to Town Clerk applications only.
- Bids will continue to be opened via video until further notice, bid results will be posted after the opening on the town website: http://bids.southamptontownny.gov/Default.aspx
Thank you for your patience.
Hon. Sundy A. Schermeyer
Southampton Town Clerk, RMC